Published: November 2, 2023
The Assistant Superintendent assists the Superintendent in the daily supervision of the job site.
Qualified candidates will be reliable self-starters with the ability to work as part of a team and prioritize tasks in order to meet deadlines. Experience working on 100 plus mixed use / multi-family projects is preferred.
- Assists the Superintendent with job site setup and the daily running of all project site activities.
- Performs all tasks of the Superintendent, as required.
- Monitors and enforces construction schedules and updates.
- Assists in managing and monitoring the day-to-day subcontractor, vendor, etc. activities on site.
- Contacts subcontractors and their offices, as needed, to maintain schedule, manpower, etc.
- Assists in the scheduling and coordination of all material deliveries and updating material control logs accordingly.
- Responsible for all on-going quality control and continuously minimizing final punchlists.
- Prepares and updates daily construction reports and submits daily.
- Assists in control of jobsite cleanliness, organization and safety.
- Manages subcontractors according to contract scopes.
- Works with the Superintendent to resolve problems as they arise.
- Maintains relationships with owners, tenants, architects, engineers, subcontractors, vendors and all prospective clients, via their jobsite activities.
- Insures that units are punched and turned over on schedule.
- Prepares detailed punch lists for subcontractors prior to owner/architect walks.
- Holds weekly subcontractor meetings with foreman of the trades to review issues, schedule safety, etc.
- Effectively manages all labor & punch-out carpenter labor for the job.
- Maintains material control of all materials purchased.
Back to Job Openings